Friday, December 12, 2008

Quilt gives birth to sextuplets!

Have you ever had one of those quilts that just didn’t work because you put too many ideas into it?


Drying 39 x 58


Well, take heart!!

With the aid of a rotary cutter and a glass of wine (rather than scalpel and anaesthesia!), I was able to release 6 little baby quilts from the motherlode….(I love switching metaphors in midstream, don’t knock it!! It’s great mental exercise – 3 mixed metaphors a day and you’ve warded off Alzheimers…at least for a few hours!)…

and here are the little dears:

In the Garden 1


In the Garden 2


In the Garden 3

In the Garden 4


In the Garden 5


In the Garden 6


It’s surprising what treasures you can find when you begin to zoom in on a piece…I’ve become so fond of one of these that I may just have to keep it!! For the moment though, they are all up for adoption on my ebarton store blog!

And, if you have been, thanks for reading!

Elizabeth

4 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

So THAT's the secret ingredient - Wine!

Here I am waffling about cutting up three medium sized ones to sew together to make one BIG one and you are hacking up a big one to get a whole crew of wonderful things.
It's all about the wine....

Anonymous said...

Fearless and a wine drinker! Excellent combination. Maybe the wine is the missing ingredient...

Libby Fife

Del said...

The first time I heard of anyone (Elizabeth Busch) cutting up a finished quilt I was so impressed that I went home and cut up one that was ready to bind and UGGLLY. I made placemats out of mine. EBusch made five quilts, one of which was in Visions - 1996.

Melody Johnson said...

You are so right to cut that big one up and now the small ones are just delicious! Bravo to you!